Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Boxes

I have in my hand two boxes, which God gave me to hold.
He said, "put all your sorrows in the black, and all your joys in the gold."
I heeded His words, and in the two boxes, both my joys and sorrows I store.
But though the gold became heavier each day, the black was as light as before.
With curiosity, I opened the black; I wanted to find out why.
And I saw, in the base of the box, a hole which my sorrows had fallen out by.
I showed the hole to God, and mused aloud, "I wonder where my sorrows could be?"
He smiled a gentle smile at me; "My child, they're all here with me."
I asked, "God, why give me the boxes?"
"Why the gold, and the black with the hole?"
"My child, the gold is for you to count your blessings; the black is for you to let go!"


No comments:

Post a Comment