Monday, December 28, 2015

The Price of Being Lonely

How do we deal with loneliness? I still haven’t gotten pass that one. Being married for 21 years and divorced for 15, I still have not been able to master the “being alone” part. I have been told by a lot of people, you’ll be okay. But guess what, they are either married or bitter divorcees that have nothing good to say.

I sit and digest the fact that God did not think Adam should be alone. But…I should be? Nope, not bitter, just in pain. Sometimes, I am fine. I get up, work out, go to work, do my work, come home – eat…maybe. Try to read the Bible, get discouraged, cry a lot and then wonder: what is wrong with me? Throw myself a huge pity party, and then ask my Father for forgiveness because I know it’s wrong. I know it’s not about me, never has been, never will be.

But what do you do when the only voice you hear is your own? What do you do when the phone never rings except for someone trying to sell something? What do you do when you sit down to eat and there is no one there to talk about how your/their day went? What do you do when you cook for one, and eat for one, and clean for one? What do you do when sometimes all you want is a shoulder to lay your head on to fall asleep? What do you do when the weekend comes and there is no one at all to share it with?

People have said, go out and meet people….Really? What do I do, put a sign around my neck?

I still believe in love. Am I naïve?


How do I move pass…move on…quit believing?

No comments:

Post a Comment